“Still Sippin’ on Pho Pho’s” for Hook’s Rub Thirsty Thursday
Inspiration for this cocktail was from a fan request by @brittanydbyars an accomplished, young, female Cosmetology Professional in the Houston area.
This cocktail pays homage to the multiple cultures of Houston, TX and is a melting pot of flavor! If you like pho, this is right up your alley as it has some salty Vietnamese flavors mixed in with our spicy Rasta Rub on the rim!
*SAVE THIS RECIPE & follow us on Tik Tok @HooksSpiceRubs*
2 oz @hennessy
5 Dashes @hellacocktailco Orange bitters
1 oz Simple Syrup
1 oz Lemon Juice
1/4 TSP Five Spice Podwer
1/4 TSP Beef Broth
1 Star Anise (dried)
Crushed & Sphere Ice
1 @bbcharcoal Post Oak Wood Chip
1. Rim your glass with juice from a lemon and the coat in Rasta Rub.
2. On a fire proof surface (outdoors preferably), grab the oak wood chip and torch until a flame develops then flip the highball glass on top and let the smoke fill the glass while you prepare the drink
3. Combine all ingredients except the anise in a cocktail shaker full of ice.
4. Shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds
5. Take highball glass and fill with sphere ice or ice cubes.
6. Strain shaken cocktail mixture into glass
7. Garnish with the Star Anise.
8. For ages 21+ only. Enjoy responsibly.