Hook’s Rub – Frozen Brisket Reheating Instructions
Purchased some of our frozen fully-cooked briskets at a farmer's market? We can't wait for you to enjoy it! These instructions are for if you have vacuum sealed fully-cooked meat such as brisket, ribs, pork shoulder, chicken, etc.
Check out recipes at https://hooksrub.com/blogs/food-recipes
**DO NOT PUNCTURE BAG PRIOR TO REHEATING**
1. Fill pot large enough to hold frozen vacuum seal bag and heat water to boiling on medium high.
2. Place completely sealed vacuum seal bag into water. Add a weight like a sous vide weight or heavy metal soup spoon on top of the bag to keep it under water. (Caution, the spoon will be hot, so remove it with a heat resistant glove, trivet or pot holder)
3. Boil package for 10-20 minutes until completely thawed and hot or internal temperature is at or above 140 degrees F.
4. Carefully remove bag from boiling water and cut open. The bag will steam so be aware of the heat coming out of the bag.
5. Pour meat and juice into a bowl, add any desired seasoning and sauce then enjoy!
Pro Tip: This can also be done in a sous vide set up heating the water to 170 degrees F and submerging the package in the bath and allowing to that to thaw for 20-30 minutes then follow steps 4 and 5 above.
Follow us on Instagram: @HooksRub
Follow us on TikTok: @HooksRub