Blood Orange Margarita with Tacos Everyday ft. The FlasKap
Margaritas are delicious, but if you follow our recipe using our Tacos Everyday rub, Hornitos Blue Agave Tequila, Grand Marnier orange liqueur, real fruit juices and our demerara simple syrup recipe and you'll make the most BOMB margarita and you'll have your friends clamoring for more!
For this recipe, we partnered with FlasKap, a small company that made one of the most innovative products: A water-tight liquor-holding lid and cocktail mixer-holding tumbler that "allows you to conveniently make mixed drinks in inconvenient places." We use the Volst 22 tumbler paired with the Madic 6 lid to create this "on-the-go" cocktail. The Madic 6 holds up to 6 oz of liquor and the Volst 22 holds up to 22 oz of liquid. You can learn more by following FlasKap on Instagram and TikTok!
Now, check out this recipe, make it and let us know what you think!
Enjoy with our Tacos Everyday Arroz Con Pollo.
- Hook’s Rub Tacos Everyday Rub
- 2oz Hornitos Reposado Tequila
- 1 oz Grand Marnier Orange Liqueur (or any other orange liqueur)
- 2 oz Demerara Simple Syrup
- 4 oz Blood Orange Juice (+1 slice for garnish)
- 2 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Optional: Jalapeños (sliced)
- The FlasKap Volst 22 Tumbler and Madic 6 Lid or a highball glass.
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Jigger
- Cocktail Strainer
- Sharp Knife & cutting board
- A Plate or Salt Rimmer
1. "Rim" the edge of the FlasKap Madic 6 lid or a frosted highball glass with Hook’s Tacos Everyday by rubbing the edge of the rim with the juice of a lime and dredging (dipping) it into the Tacos Everyday rub on the plate or in the rimmer and set aside.
2. In the Madic 6 pour 2 oz Hornitos Tequila &
1 oz Grand Marnier or triple sec (or to fill use 4 oz tequila and 2 oz orange liqueur)
3. In an shaker tin combine:
4 oz Blood Orange Juice
2 oz of lime juice
2 oz Demerara Simple Syrup
1-2 slices of Jalapeño (optional for more spice)
4. Add a large ice cube and shake it all together until you have a little froth at the top!⠀
5. Strain over large ice cubes into the Volst 22.
6. Drop in the garnish of a slice of jalapeño, orange & lime.
8. Put the Madic 6 lid on the tumbler and hit the “Fun Button” on top until desired amount of tequila and liqueur hit the mixer. Each click equals 1/2 ounce.
9. Swirl the tumbler a few times to mix it all together.
10. Enjoy responsibly for those 21 years old or older.
Note: You can also create this drink by combining the ingredients and ice in a cocktail shaker, shaking the contents and pouring over ice in a highball glass. Garnish with the same ingredients.
Can’t wait to have another #HooksRubThirstyThirsday