Grab the Brisket Cocktail
This brisket inspired cocktail was created to celebrate our appearance on the Grab’em in the Brisket - A Texas BBQ Podcast.
Have you ever reached around and grabbed a brisket? As long as you didn't squeeze the juice out of the meat, you had a juicy, tender, slow smoked hunk of meat that makes your mouth water.
Now mix brisket, beef broth, Dripping Springs Vodka and our Mad Cow beef and burger rub and you've got a BEEFY cocktail with enough bite to get you right!
- Hook's Mad Cow Rub
- Smoked Brisket Point - Cubed for Burnt Ends
- 2 oz Dripping Springs Vodka (Tequila can be used as a substitute for vodka)
- 4 oz Zing Zang Tomato Cocktail Mixer
- 1/2 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 oz Beef Broth
- Kosher Salt
- Coarse Black Pepper
- Rocks glass
- Cocktail Jigger
- Shaker or Mixing Kit with Bar Spoon
- Salt Rimmer or Plate
- 6 in bamboo skewer
- Pour some black pepper, salt and Mad Cow into a salt rimmer or on a plate
- Take your rocks glass and rub the rim on your brisket then roll in the Mad Cow, salt and pepper mixture to outline the rim of the glass. Set aside.
- In your mixing glass or shaker, pour in vodka, tomato juice, lime juice, beef broth and a dash of Mad Cow. Stir to homogenize or combine ingredients.
- Fill the rocks glass with ice.
- Pour the vodka mixture over the ice.
- Garnish with a burnt end on the skewer.
- Sip on this while you listen to the Grab 'em in the Brisket Podcast.
PRO TIP: You can make this a little spicier by adding more Mad Cow and also hot sauce to taste. You can also make this more or less limey by adjusting the amount of lime juice in the mix.
Can’t wait to have another #HooksRubThirstyThirsday
*Hook’s Rubs and Spices, LLC is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Dripping Springs Vodka or Zing Zang. These are ingredients to the drink similar to ingredients to a dish.
**You must be 21+ to legally consume alcoholic beverages in the US. ALWAYS drink responsibly.