Easy Smoked Queso ft. Tacos Everyday
National Queso Day is September 20. In honor of the day and one of our favorite appetizers that can be a main course, we bring to you our ooey, gooey, cheesy and delicious Easy Smoked Queso featuring our Tacos Everyday rub!
Smoking this dish was easy on our Recteq 1250 pellet smoker, but you can also replicate the heat with a traditional charcoal grill with the indirect heat set up (hot coals on one side of the grill and the opposite side without coals which is where you'd place your loaf pan).
Enjoy this at tailgate parties, family meals, for lunch by yourself! ROFL!
Hook’s Rub Tacos Everyday
1x Bag of Tortilla Chips
1 Cup Shredded Cheese
1/2 block of Velveeta
1x Can Rotel
1x bunch chopped Cilantro
1/2 x chopped Onion
1x Sliced Jalapeno (or diced)
1 Tomato (diced)
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
Lime Wedges for garnish/adding zest
Disposable Aluminum Loaf Pan or Skillet
Smoker or Grill set up with indirect heat method
1. Set up grill in indirect heating method or turn on pellet smoker to 400 degrees.
2. In a disposable aluminum pan add chunked 1/2 block of Velveeta, shredded cheese, onions, cilantro, Rotel, jalapenos, heavy cream and Tacos Everyday rub to taste.
3. Put pan directly onto grill grates and let smoke/cook for 30 minutes.
4. At the 30 minute mark, stir the mixture until well-combined and put back on the smoker for another 15 minutes.
5. Remove from smoker and sprinkle on more Tacos Everyday. Garnish with extra chopped tomatoes, cilantro, onions and a scoop of guacamole.
6. Enjoy immediately. You can eat this queso with tortilla chips or any other appetizer dipper while hanging out with friends and family at the cookout, while tailgating or just by yourself as a filling cheesy snack!
** If you like this recipe & have made it, please leave a review, follow us on Instagram: @HooksRub & TikTok: @HooksRub and share it with your friends!
Leave a comment