We love putting sausage in tacos especially when they are seasoned with our Tacos Everyday rub!⠀This no-fuss recipe makes for a delicious kickstart to your day and packs a spicy punch!
- Cast iron skillet - Stargazer Cast Iron is our fave!
- Small Whisk or Fork
- Cereal Bowl for mixing the eggs
- Instant Read Thermometer - Thermoworks is the best in the biz!
- Hook's Rub Tacos Everyday Seasoning
- 3 eggs (or egg whites if you would like a few less calories)
- Splash of Milk
- 1 TBS Cottage Cheese (can be omitted)
- 6 Baby Bella mushrooms
- Handful of fresh Baby Spinach
- 2x Chopped Sausage Links or Pork Sausage Patties
- 1/2 cup of sliced Vidalia Onions
- Mr. Tortilla tortillas or whatever you have for tortillas
- Yellowbird Hot Sauce - Habanero & Blue Agave Sriracha
- Shredded Cheese - your preference like Cache Valley or Tillamook
- Unsalted Butter for frying and sauté ingredients
- In a bowl, beat eggs, splash of milk and cottage cheese with the whisk until well incorporated and light yellow in color. Season with the Tacos Everyday seasoning. Set mixture aside.
- Heat the cast iron skillet to medium-high.
- Drop 1 TBS of butter in and let it melt for a few seconds.
- Sautee the sausage, Baby Bella mushrooms, Vidalia onions and spinach in butter for about 2-5 minutes until the onions & mushrooms are soft and the spinach is wilted/soft . Season with the Tacos Everyday or Hook's Rub H-Town A.P. It has the perfect balance of salty/peppery that lifts up the flavor of these veggies. Set sautéed mixture it aside in a bowl or on a plate.
- Wipe the fond out of the skillet then place back on the heat.
[Pro Tip: "Fond" is the little bits of cooked food stuck on the bottom of the pan. Some people like to scrape it onto their finished product, leave it to cook along with the next ingredient or discard.]
- Next, drop more butter into the skillet and scramble the egg mixture, making sure to continually stir as cottage cheese may stick to pan. Then return veggie mix into the scrambled eggs for the last couple of minutes of cooking to reheat.
- Meanwhile, on a separate skillet or flat top griddle, warm the tortillas to your desired doneness.
- On your plate layer the tortillas with the eggs, meat and veggie mixture, and top with shredded cheese and a drizzle of Yellowbird Habenero & Blue Agave Sriracha hot sauce
- Enjoy with coffee, juice or a Bloody Mary (recipe coming soon)!⠀
Grab your bottles of Tacos Everyday, H-Town A.P. and our other flavors in our catalog link. (psst perfect 👌🏾 for keto meals)!⠀
#WeSmokeMeat #Matt712 #freshcatch #family #friends #hooksrubonmymeat #sausage #taco #breakfast #hotsauce #eggs #food #foodofinstagram #foodie #toptags #instafood #delicious #nocap #bbq #grill #castironrevolution #castironcooking #easyrecipes #mealprep #keto #fire #spicy #hot