We made these cheesy delicious pulled chicken taco/enchiladas with the new Hook’s TACOS EVERYDAY rub! We used pulled chicken & corn tortillas as the base. This can be prepared ahead of dinner. Make sure you give yourself time to cook in the crock pot (4-8 hours). Here's the fool-proof recipe for your #CincodeMayo meal or a regular Tuesday night dinner.
- Cast iron skillet - Stargazer Cast Iron is our fave!
- Crock Pot
- Two Forks or Shredding Claws
- Spoon, sharp knife
- Mixing Bowl
- Aluminum Foil
- Wire Whisk
- Hook's Rub Tacos Everyday Seasoning
- 2-4 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 cups Organic Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbs Lime Juice
- 2 Cups Cotija Cheese (separated in half)
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese of your choice (we like a Mexican blend)
- 2 Sliced or Chopped Jalapenos
- 10 Corn Tortillas
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- In a crock pot place the chicken, lime juice, chicken stock in the base.
- Season with Hook's Rub Tacos Everyday (1/4-1/2 cup) Making sure to coat well or mix into the stock until incorporated.
- Cover with lid and set to cook between 4-8 hours.
- After the chicken is finished shred with two forks using a criss-cross motion or shred using claws.
- Heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice both jalapenos into thin slices.
- In the bowl whisk some Tacos Everyday seasoning, the sour cream, milk and 1 cup of cotija until smooth.
- Set up the corn tortillas side-by-side in the pan.
- Fill each tortilla with a bit of shredded chicken, jalapeno slices to taste and shredded cheese.
- Pour the milk/cheese mixture over top of the chicken filled tortillas.
- Top with more cotija and shredded cheese.
- Bake covered with aluminum foil for 10 minutes
- Uncover and Bake another 5-7 minutes until bubbly and slightly golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes.
- Use a spatula to serve topped with sliced jalapeno, more cheese and your favorite salsa, guacamole or hot sauce.