Hook’s Tacos Everyday Pork Longaniza & Brussels Sprouts Skillet ft. Stargazer Cast Iron, Yellowbird Sauce, Tortillaland Tortillas & Reynaldo's Mexican Food.
You need this recipe in your life! 💯 Grab your bottle of Tacos Everyday on our site: www.HooksRub.com & grab the recipe or just watch this video below then subscribe to our newsletter for more delicious recipes!
YouTube Recipe Video: https://youtu.be/KL-I1Tv5aZI
At the Hook’s Rub House, we like to “Taco Tuesday” a little different from most. This time we made a delicious spin on a taco with butter, garlic & onion sautéed Reynaldo's Mexican Food pork longaniza & fresh brussels sprouts ALL seasoned with our Tacos Everyday rub. We stuffed it all into some soft tortilla shells after a HOT Yellowbird Sauce drizzle and filled our bellies.
Have you ever cooked pork longaniza? It’s a Spanish/Mexican sausage similar to chorizo or Portuguese linguica. It’s a popular ingredient in several Latin cuisines as well as the Philippines.
Here is a step-by-step recipe of this quick & easy meal!
Hook’s Tacos Everyday Pork Longaniza & Brussels Sprouts Skillet
Prep/Cook Time: 30 minutes
Stargazer Cast Iron Skillet
Tortilla Warmer Container
Thermoworks Heat Resistant Silicon Trivets/Pot Holders
Thermoworks Time Stack
Hook’s Tacos Everyday
Yellowbird Sauce - Blue Agave Sriracha & Habanero Condiment
2-4 cups Brussels Sprouts
1-2 Links of Pork Longaniza (can use chorizo, linguica or 6 strips of bacon)
2-6 Flour/Corn Tortillas
1-2 TBS Butter
1-2 TBS Olive Oil
1-2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
1/2 Cup White Onion (chopped/diced)
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium high
- Chop all veggies and sausage
- Drop in 1/2 TBS of butter to coat the bottom of the pan
- Cook tortillas for 1 minute on each side or till golden brown/desired color
- Drop another 1/2 TBS butter into the skillet to start melting
- Toss the chopped longaniza into the skillet and fry for 3-5 minutes until desired color. Set aside in a bowl, but leave the "fond" in the skillet.
Pro Tip: fond is the crispy bits of meat or veggies left in the skillet after they have been removed.
- Drop Garlic and onion into skillet and sauté 5 until golden brown or desired consistency
- Add In chopped Brussels Sprouts, Longaniza sausage, 1 TBS Butter, 2 TBS Olive Oil and Season with 4-6 TBS of the Tacos Everyday seasoning.
- Using tongs, fry everything 8-10 minutes, making sure to turn occasionally to coat and combine flavors.
- When the meat and veggies have a nice caramelization on them, remove from heat to a plate or serving dish.
Pro Tip: This "caramelization" effect is called the Millard Reaction which is "a non-enzymatic reaction between sugars and proteins that occurs upon heating and that produces browning of some foods (such as meat and bread)"
- Spoon 1/2-2 cups Cotija cheese over the top
- Drizzle with Yellowbird Sauce Blue Agave Sriracha & Habanero Condiment to taste or your favorite hot sauce
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro on top to finish.
- Enjoy the Skillet Brussels Sprouts and Longaniza on the tortillas as a taco or burrito.