Hook’s Rub Ambassador Brandon Zobel (@PraiseNQue on Instagram) used the Hook’s Rub H-Town All-Purpose Rub to make this MEAN skillet of smoked mac & cheese that will make you wanna lick the pan! This simple recipe includes making a roux of creamy cheese, crumbled bacon and just the right amount of smoke. Brandon smoked it on the Landmann Vinson Offset Smoker, but this is adaptable to a kettle, barrel or pellet grill.
Follow @PraiseNQue and his awesome family on Instagram, gather the ingredients and MAKE THIS DISH! Trust us, you won’t regret it!
Cast Iron Smoked Bacon H-Town Mac & Cheese
Time to prep & cook: 1.5 HRS
2 teaspoons Hook’s H-Town AP RUB
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
2 Cups Heavy Cream
1LB. Extra Sharp Cheddar (shredded)
½LB. Colby Jack (shredded)
1-2 Tablespoons Hot Sauce
1 Cup Dukes Mayo
1 Cup Sour Cream
12oz Elbow Macaroni Noodles
1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
12oz Thin Sliced Bacon
1. Prepare pasta (al dente) according to package directions and set aside.
2. Cook bacon and crumble to size and texture preference.
3. Add butter and flour to make a roux. Once roux forms and becomes aromatic add 1/2 cup of cream stir until thickens. Add another 1/2 cup stir 1-2min until combine.
4. Add final cup of cream and stir until sauce is thick and creamy.
5. Begin to add shredded cheese while stirring until all cheese is melted and sauce is creamy and smooth.
6. Add your Hook’s H-Town AP and hot sauce (if desired) to taste.
7. Mix together pasta, cheese sauce, sour cream and Mayo. Transfer to cast iron or heat safe baking dish.
8. Mix the bacon and panko crumbs together and top on Mac and Cheese.
9. Place in preheated smoker at 350 for 1 hour until golden brown and bubbly.
10. Scoop a heaping helping into a bowl and enjoy!
** If you like this recipe & have made it, please leave a review, follow us on Instagram: @HooksSpiceRubs & TikTok: @HooksRub and share it with your friends!
Looks absolutely delicious!!
Leave a comment