Walking Tacos ft. Tacos Everyday
Texas tailgate food ranges from smoked brisket, to ribs, to burgers to chicken wings & more! One of the staple foods of Texas is tacos! Whether you’re cooking in a parking lot pre-gaming or walking around the Texas State Fair, you can always rely on the trusty taste and portability of a taco. “Walking Tacos” takes your taco game up a notch as we combine all the fillings of tacos in a bag of tortilla chips! It’s all the joy of eating a taco, but this version keeps your hands clean!
Recipe makes 4 Walking Tacos
Hook’s Rub Tacos Everyday
Hatch Chile Aioli
1x Lb Ground Beef
4x Snack Size Bags of Tortilla Chips
1 Cup Water (Can use beef broth as substitute)
Slotted Spoon or Spatula
Stock Pot with Cover
Small Bowls to hold condiments
1. Brown ground beef in pot over medium high heat, seasoning with Tacos Everyday to taste.
2. When meat is cooked, pour in water or broth and cover. Let simmer on low heat for 7 minutes.
3. While the beef simmers, finely chop 1/4 onion and cilantro, then combine in a bowl.
4. Chop/dice tomatoes, shred lettuce, slice jalapeños and cut limes into wedges. Set all aside separately.
5. Strain off any fat from the beef if desired.
6. Turn the chop bag on its side, and cut the side all the way down or open/cut off the top.
7. Layer in beef, shredded cheese, lettuce, a dollop of sour cream, a dollop of guacamole, copped tomatoes, cilantro-onion mixture, a couple slices of jalapeño, some cotija cheese and finish with a sprinkle of Tacos Everyday and lime wedge squeeze.
8. Eat with a fork and enjoy while hanging out with friends and family on the porch, at the tailgate or while waiting in line to get into the game!