Step on in to Hook’s Rub Thirsty Thursday with us! This Blue/Orange Margarita looks dazzling & luxurious, but it’s really easy to put together! Using Hook’s Rub Lemon Pepper to add flavor, color and a citrus twang to the garnish, we mixed Jose Cuervo Tradicional Tequila, Grand Marnier Orange Liquor, Finest Call Blue Curaçao & Sweet & Sour Mix. There’s even a non-alcoholic kid’s version! But if you’re 21+, we say this is “Only for the grown and sexy!”
- Martini Glass
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Jigger
- Cocktail Strainer (or large slotted spoon)
- Sharp Knife
- 2x 6 inch Toothpicks
- Hook’s Rub Lemon Pepper Rub
- Jose Cuervo Tradicional Tequila
- Grand Marnier Orange Liqueur (or any other Triple Sec)
- Finest Call Blie Curaçao Mix
- Finest Call Sweet & Sour Mix
- Cara Cara Orange (or just a navel orange)
Method (Alcohol version):
- Thickly Slice the Cara Cara orange in about 1/2 inch slice then thread with 2x 6 in. skewer/toothpicks
- Shake the Hook’s Rub Lemon Pepper on one side of half the orange slice. Set orange aside.
Pro Tip: Before sprinkling seasoning, cover half the face of the orange with a piece of paper to make sure you have a clean line of flavor. This is guaranteed to impress your guests.
- Fill the martini glass with crushed ice & water to pre-chill.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with crushed ice, then use a cocktail jigger to pour in 2 oz tequila, 2 oz orange liqueur, 2 oz sweet & sour mix & 4 oz blue curaçao mix.
- Close the shaker and shake vigorously until the mixture is very cold! (10-20 shakes)
- Dump the ice/water mixture out of the martini glass (maybe into a nearby plant)
- Using the strainer, pour the drink mixture into the martini glass.
Pro Tip: If you shook the drink mixture hard enough, there will be ice crystals forming on top of the drink.
- Garnish with the skewered orange right on top!
- Enjoy and drink responsibly!
Non-alcoholic & Kids Version
- Thickly Slice the Cara Cara orange in about 1/2 inch slice then thread with 2x 6 in. skewer/toothpicks.
- Shake the Hook’s Rub Lemon Pepper on one side of half the orange slice. Set orange aside. If the kids aren’t into seasoning, you can omit this step. (see pro tip above to make the seasoning look impressive)
- Fill a rocks glass, highball glass or the solo cup with ice (if you want a classy look, so the martini glass trick from the previous version)
- Pour in 4 oz blue curaçao drink mix & 4 oz sweet & sour mix.
- Stir with a straw.
- Top with glass the orange slice.
- Enjoy with your pinky up!
Grab your bottle of Lemon Pepper and our other flavors on www.hooksrub.com in the “Our Shop” section.
Tag us if you make this drink and leave a review on our site!
#WeSmokeMeat #Matt712 #HooksRubThirstyThursday