Who Else Loves You Like Candied Bacon? We’re not sure your momma loves you that much! :)
We candied this bacon with our Smokin Sweetness, H-Town AP, Lemon Pepper, Tacos Everyday & Rasta Rub! Here’s the easy recipe to get you some bacon lovin!
- Cookie sheets
- Aluminum Foil
- Glass Jar with resealable lid
- Pot Holder
- Spatula or Tongs
- Plate or platter
- Paper Towels
- Hook’s Rub Seasoning - H-Town AP, Smokin Sweetness, Lemon Pepper, Rasta Rub, Tacos Everyday, etc
- 2-3 lbs Uncured Smoked Bacon (Baker’s Bacon is delicious choice)
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line up bacon strips on foiled cookie sheets making sure to not overlap the strips.
3. Sprinkle on the rubs of choice!
Pro Tip: Sprinkle a little brown sugar onto the bacon with the savory rubs for a salty/sweet flavor or just use a light coat of brown sugar to make it candy/sweet.
4. Slowly roast the bacon in the 325 degree oven, pouring off and saving the grease in a jar every 10 minutes until our desired crispiness! Make sure to use a spatula or tongs to hold the bacon on the cookie sheet while pouring so they don’t slide off.
Pro Tip: You can strain the saved hot bacon grease through cheese cloth or a paper towel and use in recipes in place of oil or butter. This strange bacon grease will actually be flavored with whatever rubs you use and will be delicious!
5. Remove strips to a paper towel-lined plate or platter to let some of the grease drip off. Enjoy this as a tasty snack on its own, with breakfast or on your cheeseburger!
Have you ever candied bacon with multiple rubs at once?